Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Congratulations, It's a ...

Please join me in welcoming the newest addition to our family

- a 50" Flat Panel Samsung Plamsa TV!!! Yes, it's official. I bit the bullet and made a decision. It arrived yesterday via a 53' tractor trailer. Yes, a 53 foot long tractor trailer for a 50 inch tv. It was the only thing on the truck. I felt sorry for the poor guy driving the truck because his company didn't do research to find out my road is a dead-end, and there was no turn around. He managed to get out, and deserves the "Best Driver Who Works for a Stupid Company That Does Not Do Their Research" reward however I digress. My new 50" beauty is wonderful. The picture is so crisp and clean. Now I just have to buy high-def DISH service and a Blu-Ray DVD player, and a new sound system, and wireless rear speakers, and put in canned lighting and get a universal remote, but other than that - I'm all set.

My new purchase made me feel like I was "someone" as I'm joining the masses of people who are moving to new flat panel TV high dev technology - however, my bubble was busted when my wife walks in and says "it's not as big as I expected it to be". Ouch. There goes my manhood. Oh well. I guess I have no choice but to send this tv back and get the 65" TV....