Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where No One Remembers Your Name

I have a favorite rolled sandwich restaurant whose name I can not say because my wife gets ill at the very mention of the name (due to the fact she was pregnant with my 7 year old the last time she went there). I probably eat at this restaurant 3 - 5 times a month, in fact I'm working on my 3rd "frequent visitor" card.

Each time I eat at the rolled sandwich restaurant, I get the same thing - a "1/2 order of #13 - combo". I never vary - same thing EVERY time. Today, I went to this place to have lunch and after ordering the same meal I always order, the same lady asks, "what's your name". I looked at her for a second to see if she was serious. I mean, I have a frequest visitor card. I'm 2 visits away from getting a plaque on the wall and a parking space out front. Does she really not remember my name? Am I THAT unforgettable? Sigh. Where's Cheers when you need it? Maybe I'll find another rolled sandwich joint to start going to lunch at.

Anyone have any suggestions???