Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Chi-Ca-Go" Char Dog

I absolutely love Chicago. My work allows me to travel to Chicago a few times a year and my first stop in the airport is at "Gold Coast Dogs" located in Terminal 3 at O'Hare. No matter what time of day, I have to get my char dog. In case you don't know about the Chicago Char Dog, here's what it is:

  • Snappy, natural-casing, all-beef wiener, from Vienna Beef

  • Seamed high-gluten, poppyseed bun,

  • Yellow mustard

  • NEON green sweet pickle relish

  • Chopped raw white onion

  • Dill-pickle spears

  • Fresh, ripe tomato slices

  • Whole, pickled sport peppers

  • Dash of celery salt

  • Absolutely no ketchup (unless you are under the age of 3)

Although the ingredients sound awful, it is absolute Heaven. Don't let the relish scare you. It does look like something from The Incredible Hulk, but it is great. Also - don't remove any of the ingredients. It's the combination of flavors that makes the meal.

The next time you are in Chicago, take time to enjoy a Char Dog. You will be glad you did!!