Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Get Your Flu Shot - at the airport??

Yes, I still exist.
I realize it has been over a month since my last post, and for the one person who reads this blog, I apologize. I won't make any excuses, I'll just say that September sucked. My bad, negative attitude creeped back in me causing the world to go dark again. But I'm working hard to get back to the happy version of Kevin. Seeing things like what I saw today sure helps.

This morning I had to fly into Raleigh, NC for a day trip. On my boarding pass, my flight shows gate B01, however when I get there, the flight was moved to gate B31 - at the other end of the terminal. Fortunately, I arrived early, so I was able to take my time and look at the different stores and restaurants. About half way through my trek across the B Terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson, I ran into this:

Now, I understand that getting a flu shot can help prevent the flu, however I also have heard it can possibly give you the flu as well, since they're injecting a flu bug into you to make your body create the antibodies to defend against future flu bugs - I get that. What I don't get is why ANYONE would want to get a Flu Shot while waiting in line for their flight. Perhaps I've heard wrong and that a flu shot doesn't get people ill; maybe they've fixed the shot so that it makes you happy and you never get sick again. I'm just afraid that I'll be the one sitting next to the old man who gets deathly ill and starts vomitting while at 30,000 ft in the air.

Oh, the things people come up with...