Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yeah, I'm Still Alive and Still Addicted Too

After meeting with a group of bloggers including Avitable, Father Muskrat, Dave and Coal Miner's Grandaughter in Atlanta last weekend, I realized I should at least "attempt" to get back to writing a personal blog with the hopes of staying on the Blogography blogroll. No, I'm not a dead beat - I've been focused on my technical blog where I'm a god. Okay, not really, but it's well known in the industry whereas this blog is known by about 3 people.

Upon digging around for something to write about, I came across my blog post from August of 2008 where I reveal my addiction to video games.  Here I am 3 years later and guess what - I'm still hooked.  I'd love to say that the PS3 is a stress reliever, and that it prevents me from drinking and getting angry all the time, but it doesn't.  In fact, it probably gets me MORE stressed out.  I could stop playing, but what would I do with all my free time? Go outside?  Play with my kids?  Nah, I'd watch TV, so at least by playing games, I'm able to exercise the left side (or is it the right side) of my brain.

We all have addictions: some people play golf, others may smoke. I know my addiction - what's yours?